Monday, December 15, 2014

My mother's Christmas Letter





Janet and granddaughter Hope Basinger

November 10, 2014

Janet Null
C/O Vickie Goeking
901 Darfield Dr.
Raleigh NC 27615

Dear Friends and Family,

I  am 93 and I hope to have my front teeth back in place by Christmas! This gives new meaning to the song “All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth”.  In June I fell in my apartment and cut my head, fractured my pelvis, and broke my dental bridge. Fortunately, surgery was not necessary. At that time I went into the Stewart Health Center at Springmoor to recover. After several months of physical therapy we decided it would be best to remain in the Health Center rather than return to my apartment. It was sad to give up my apartment after living there for 22 years. 

It is still so nice to have Vickie and Gordon close by. Vickie comes every day to see me and takes care of any laundry and shopping. She also coordinates all my medical appointments and mail. Gordon is the best son in law. He drops by almost every day after work and even comes by on Saturdays to watch the Lawrence Welk Show and Mike Huckabee with me. Their daughter Jennifer lives and teaches nearby and is a regular visitor with a Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty.

I am so thankful that Donna and Jim have moved from Alaska to Virginia. She drives the 5 hours from Leesburg, VA to Raleigh quite often. Hope even visited me two times this summer from Alaska. Grandsons Charles & Peter have also visited.

I am thankful to live this long and to know my two great-grandsons. They visited me once when Janet and Will visited Raleigh. Occasionally I see them on Skype.
Jacquie is in Beijing where she learned Mandarin Chinese and is now working. I will see her in February when she comes home for a visit.

Please note that ALL my mail now goes to Vickie’s address:

Janet Null
C/O Vickie Goeking
901 Darfield Dr.
Raleigh NC 27615

I welcome visitors and phone calls at the Stewart Health Center but it is best to contact Vickie if you plan to visit or phone me. (Vickie Goeking VickieLNG@aol.com or cell (919) 395-7559).
I will think of you fondly at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Love, 

Janet Null

No comments:

Post a Comment